Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What came first the Chicken or the Egg Scramble

Morning...this could be a little late for your breakfast...but ya never know.  Well this morning I am making one of my favorite. Chicken and eggs in a scramble.  Some may already have their way of doing it...so please share.  I am trying to make these easy and quick...seems to be the big whale in the room..."I dont have time to make a meal."

So to get ahead of the game, I would highly recommend when you buy your chicken cook it all at once.  Cooking the chicken ahead will save you lots of time...hence freeing us all up for making quick delicious meals.  So thank you for your support and comments, if you have an all time favorite, send me your ideas paleo or not...I will do my best to recreate a paleo version, that will not lack in taste. K...here I go.

Ingredients:



precooked chicken (as much as you would like...I was hungry so I had a full breast) sliced or chopped




4 large eggs (as free range and omega-3 as you can get, would have farm fresh however "they" sold out...Chad?) Why four eggs? Eh...I was really hungry.





green spinach leafs (about a fist full, Mrs. Chalk Moster got me on this awesomeness)







grape tomatoes (cut into quarters)








avocado (1/4 to 1/2 sliced)







your favorite salsa (I make my own...so I might post that recipe for you all...its easy)



coconut oil (used to help soften the spinach) K...nature's best oil, hands down, plus it has a higher resistance to temp breakdown. Omega-3...nuff said.







pepper and salt (for taste)





Equipment:
10" skillet or larger
spatula

Fun time:
Start by heating your skillet to the best setting on your stove for scrambled eggs...if you dont know...try a medium setting and if it takes longer than you would like then gradually turn it up the next time you make.  Hint:  If you get everything chopped and sliced either before or while you heat the skillet then you can work with a higher temp to make cooking faster, however...be vigilant and safe.  I tend to set mine to a med-high.

Once your skillet is nice and ready add the coconut oil and spinach. Let the spinach start to soften, it should darken up a touch.

Add your chicken and allow it to reheat and continue to soften the spinach.

When you think the chicken is ready add your eggs.  I like to break the eggs straight into the skillet, since I will be mixing everything up anyway.

When the eggs are about half way scrambled, toss in tomatoes, pepper, and salt. As a friendly reminder when using spices, easier to add than take away.

Finish cooking eggs, plate, top with your salsa and avocado slices.
Eat up and enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment